Saturday, March 21, 2009

Simplicity

Sometimes the idea of simplicity is so appealing. Just to do simple things, to live a simple life seems thrilling. I watch the movies where people go and live in places like Italy or France and I want to be there so badly. To buy all your food fresh, have beautiful flowers every night, and to watch the sunset over the ocean.

Walk among the trees barefoot and just feel the cool grass between your toes. Pet a kitten, smell its fur, fall asleep with it's purring in your ears. I miss that. Hold a baby, know that its yours and that at that moment nothing else matters. Lose yourself in the feel of it's skin, the smell of it's hair, its weight in your arms.

Tasting a man's sweat, the sun slanting in the window as you lose yourself in his grasp. Laying your hand on his chest and feeling the coarse hair beneath your fingers. Kissing his lips and feeling that tingle in your stomach as the kiss lingers just a moment longer. The way you mind blanks out for a moment fuzzing to nothing as he holds you. The moment when you just can't seem to get close enough and you just want to feel like part of him and then you are.

Such simple small things, I cherish the moments I have and long for the ones I have not yet experienced. I need to take more time to look at my life and to see it for what it is and what small things it can give me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment