Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Ceremony

Sometime in May of next year Rob and I will be having a commitment ceremony. I have wanted to do this for awhile but we have held off until I was divorced and Heather was more comfortable with our relationship. I am divorced as of June; all we need now is to know if Heather is comfortable with what is going on. We had not told Heather right away about our plan for the ceremony, not because we where trying to hide it but because we wanted to get some details nailed down before we brought it up. Sadly she found out about it thru no ones fault and was upset. She was mad that she had to hear about it from a third party instead of from us. This does not help our case, I really want her to be ok with this but I’m not sure if she will be. After she found we sat down and talked about it a bit but Heather just continued to read her fan fiction on her laptop and “ahh” and “hum” from time to time. I don’t think she really thought about it at all, I know this is hard for her but I don’t know what to do. We will sit down again in a month or so and hopeful other things will have been taken care of and we can really get down to talking about our relationship.

I am thinking that it will be outside maybe in the park near our house, it’s really beautiful there. If it’s to cold outside it will most likely be in our apartment, or maybe somewhere else depending how the next few months pan out. We have asked a friend to officiate and he is thinking about it but he wants to make sure he is not stepping on anyone’s toes.

I really want this to happen, I feel like in need this to give me a more stable feeling in our relationship. We are supposed to be a family, Rob is not just dating me I live with them and we are going to be together forever. I want something to link me that way even if it’s just promises made to each other forever remembered by a ring and a day each year to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment