Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Three

Last week my mom had her uterus removed, she has been having bleeding issues for a long time so this was something she has been trying to have done forever. Today she went and had her staples taken out and to have a general check up and the doctors wanted to talk to her about some of the tests they do automatically when they do this kind of surgery. They found Cancer stage 2. When my mother heals from this surgery they are going to remove her cervix as well. I was so surprised that I did not think to ask my mom more questions, we where on the phone so it was a limited conversation. She does not seem scared about any of this which I think was shat surprised and stunned me so much.

I don’t know how to react, I’m scared and stunned. I want to know more information from my mother, I’m not sure if with removing her uterus and cervix that will make her cancer free or not. I don’t know if she is going to have to go in for some kind of treatments. I don’t know anything.

This comes on top of the fact that the disease that caused my twin sisters kidneys to fail the first time is back. They are going to be doing some treatments with her and they hope that they can flush it out of her system. So far the Kidney I gave her is not failing but if this does not work who knows.

I don’t know how to feel about all this on top of everything else that I am stressing over right now it’s really mind blowing. I feel like nothing is wrong right now, scared of course but that’s it. I worry what this could mean for me and I’m happy that I am going to see my doctor this month so I can talk to her about what is going on and see if there are any tests they can run to see if anything is wrong with me.

Life can never be simple and it’s so true that trouble always comes in three’s. Tonight I just want to grab Rob and have him hold me for a little while, I just want to smell him and touch him basically anchor myself to him for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment