Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Manners

I don't know about everyone else but manners are pretty important to me. Now I mean the normal stuff like please and thank you, but I also mean some manners that not everyone thinks of.

I am neurotic about making sure that I say thanks to anyone who helps me in some way. I think that some waiters have wanted to shoot me for all my please and thank you as dinner moves on. But my parents where so big on the making sure that my siblings and I where polite to the T.

Also as time goes by I have come up with my own set of rules when it comes to everyday things. If I am waiting for the bus and someone else was waiting before me, they get to get on first, anyone who came after me goes after me. When I am on the bus if someone is older then me, pregnant, with kids, injured in some way or looks just plan beat they get my seat. If you are younger then me or the same age you get to fight it out sorry. Then there is the bathroom oh this drives me mad. I hate when I go into a bathroom with say 12 stalls and I sit at the very last stall and all the rest are empty and someone comes in and sits right next to my stall. Why, are you lonely do you need to sit next to someone to pee I just don’t understand it. I try to put at least one stall between me and someone else if I can at all help it, it just seems like the thing to do.

I also don't get people who yell at customer service reps whether they be over the phone or at a fast food restaurant. Just because it's there job to smile and make your food does not mean you have the right to treat them like they are below you. If something is wrong with your food, be polite ask them nicely to fix it don't scream that they are stupid and don't know what they are doing. You have no idea of what power they have over you and your food, please for your sake and there’s, don't make them mad.

Maybe I'm a little nuts when it comes to what is right and wrong but I would rather be over polite then under and hurt someone’s feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment