Friday, December 08, 2006

Winter


Winter in a lot of ways is my least favorite season. Living where I live the snow can really pile up and make your life a misery, I also hate the cold air and the stupid drivers that come with the snow.

But winter can be beautiful and magically as well and that's what ends up saving it for me. I remember many winter days playing with my sister and brother in the snow, building snow men or just fooling around. As I grew older I remember winter days spent walking with my boyfriend holding his gloved hand, seeing the frosted trees and kissing under a cool moon. Now as an adult winter holds a new place for me a time of indoor play and nights wrapped in a blanket with my husband watching the snow fall outside the window.

Christmas also makes winter special to me. When I was a kid on the first of December my family would put up the tree and when we where all done we would turn all the lights off except for the tree and we would sit around and listen to Christmas music and watch the lights. It was a good time for me, my family was always happy during the holiday season. Even if we had no money my mom would always make sure to make us something so we would have something under the tree on Christmas day.

All and all I guess winter holds special memories for me and in that way it ends up being my favorite season of all.

1 comment:

  1. We had a very tall hill behind our house, with woods. In the winter at night, I could look outside and see it in the moonlight. I would always imagine faeries in it, like the movie Legend.

    I miss some of the Christmas traditions we had, too, but I still love Christmas. If only there wasn't ice everyplace.:P

    ReplyDelete