Monday, October 09, 2006

Gaming





I have been thinking about gaming a lot lately. I love the games we play in our group and the characters we create, but I fell something is lacking sometimes. All the people in my group love to play but not many love to run a game. It would like very much if we had someone in our group who liked to just GM. I guess it's not so bad especially with the game we are playing now, Ptolus which is going to be a long term think. I would be nice thought not to have to figure out every time who is going to run, most times the person who runs only does it for a little while then they quit.

The group we have is great thought. Rob is a very detailed gamer with a high knowledge of rules and how to tweak his characters. He is big on action not so much on role-play. Heather Rob's wife is a great role-player and a very energetic gamer for the first 4 or 5 hours. At around the 5th or 6th hour she generally falls asleep but that's not her fault she has a lot on her home plate. Dave my husband is a good mix he likes role-play and action, he has a tendency to want to be the center of the action thought which can be annoying sometimes. He usually has great character background and in depth plot. Megan is new to gaming but had come along fairly well, she keeps track of all our adventures in written form which is neat. Her only downfall is that her characters tend to be one dimensional and pretty much the same personality every time. Matlock is funny and smart with his role-play he can be a bit crass sometimes but most of the time he is not to bad. He is newest to our group and tends to come and go some of the time. Autumn has been gaming for awhile so her characters tend to be well thought out and pretty cool to deal with. She loves the role-play parts but can get frustrated when we take forever to figure something out (which I can totally understand sometimes). Eric her husband is very detail oriented he runs most of our games right now and is freakin great at it. As a player he is also a good mix of action and role-play, his characters are always interesting. Last but not least me, I love the role-play but lately I have really started to like kicking some butt. I think I am good about making my characters but my one issue is I get distracted really easily so if nothing is going on with my character I tend to wander away.

Well that is my group in a nutshell, I think we work together pretty well but I guess time will only tell. Mwhahahahahahahahahaahaha.

1 comment:

  1. I love to GM. Honestly, though, I would be extremely afraid to do it with this group, just cause I fear being mocked by Rob, and some other stuff. I think Eric is really happy to make this a campaign length game.. and he has the stamina for it too, he's run stuff that has gone years.

    ReplyDelete