Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trifecta Homecoming

We have moved in to our new house and are finally alone, A moment of silence please…..



Ah so peaceful. I am so happy I can not even speak, being in a place all your own really makes a difference. No one to bother us no one to be in the middle throwing off our happy little trifecta grove.

I have a room all my own with a new bed, bed sheets, pillow cases, comforter, bookshelf, end tables, closet system and blanket chest. I took of the ugly closet doors and covered it with some amazing curtain Heather gave me that match my bedspread, the coolest thing about this is that I hung the curtain rod myself drilled holes and everything. It such a small thing but I have never hung a curtain before, it was such a power thing for me. I also put together my closet organizer and the book shelves for our living room, me and building things go together well. Everything is starting to come together, I walk into my clean put together room and I have a true sense of comfort and home.

The neighbors a house down came over on Sunday to drop of some cookies and to introduce themselves they where so cute with there five little kids, it was nice to get a warm welcome.

Having a new place really feels amazing I am going to have to get used to things when Rob and Heather fight because I really get this whole Mom and Dad are fighting feeling. When they fight they tend to let it drag on it’s almost like a battle to so who can hold out the longest before one of them says I’m sorry. For me I can’t be mad for long it truly makes me physical ill, I get horrible headaches and I feel nauseous my body can’t handle the stress of being angry. I like to fix stuff up as soon as I can and move on so we can all be happy again. The nice think is that Rob is willing to admit that both parties in the argument are in the wrong, maybe one more then the other but he always apologizes for his part and means it. With Dave I never got that it was always me apologizing and him looking smug.

This feels like a new chapter in my life, I am taking better care of my self making sure my bills are all paid on time and in full and just glorying in not having to hide how I feel. I think this is going to be good for all of us, there is still a little more unpacking to do but I think that the apartment is going to look great and that our relationship is going to be so much stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment